Many great plans, dreamed up and designed in the heat of creative passion, end up discarded for lack of leadership Tenacity. As a tenacious leader, you not only have to set expectations and inspire the plan with a firmness of purpose, you have to follow through on execution to the very end with fierce determination.
Of course, like all Six Attraction Powers, Tenacity must be applied carefully in a balanced approach.
Tenacity will serve you, your team, and your organization best when you are firm and resolute, but not stubborn or apathetic.
|An apathetic leader
• Displays low motivation
• Remains uncompetitive in competitive situations
• Lacks urgency with regard to crucial challenges
• Is complacent regarding the delivery and quality of work
|The Tenacious Leader
• Clearly demonstrates firmness of purpose
• Works and leads with determination and drive
• Assigns appropriate urgency to crucial undertakings
• Demands the timely completion of quality work
|A stubborn leader
• Makes irrational demands
• Refuses to correct errors or misdirection
• Responds to disappointment with emotional outbursts
• Resorts to physical threats when cornered
To practice balancing your use of Tenacity, I invite you to join other leaders in our next, open-enrollment Leadership Attraction Powers Workshop. In the meantime, feel free to discuss Tenacity with me at email@example.com or 972-608-0400.